Ossett Town 0 NFU 0

Ossett Town  0  North Ferriby United  0        

Ferriby dominated this game against their unbeaten West Yorkshire opponents but could not find the one goal that would have given them the three points their performance deserved.

Manager Neil Allison got his pre-match wish that the team would not concede any silly goals. A superb performance by the defence, including Sam Denton making his first appearance of the season, saw the Villagers keep their first clean sheet of the season.

Ferriby were in almost total control throughout and, once again, played some attractive flowing football, often from deep in their own defence. Paul Harsley and Russell Fry controlled the midfield making good use of wide-men Wayne Brooksby and Chris White whose interchanging from wing to wing caused problems for Ossett all afternoon.

 Ferriby's first scoring chance came in the 4th minute when Town goalkeeper Liam Sutcliffe managed to nudge the ball away from Gary Bradshaw as he went through on goal. Soon after Fry's through ball found Bradshaw but he was forced wide by a defender.

Ferriby continued to press with White heading over from a Brooksby cross and Chris Bolder having a goal-bound shot saved by Sutcliffe diving to his right.

When Brooksby was brought down in the area Fry had the chance to put Ferriby ahead from the penalty spot after 26 minutes but his shot hit the post and bounced clear.

Ferriby's flowing football continued to create chances and Brooksby, Bolder and Tom Matthews all had shots charged down by desperate Ossett defenders. Bradshaw was narrowly wide with an angles shot and Denton had a header cleared off the line by Dan Sheriffe.

Ossett's attacks in the first half had largely been restricted to chasing long balls, such was Ferriby's dominance.

The second half continued in a similar vein though Ossett did create a little more pressure. However, most of their shots were from well outside the penalty area and rarely troubled Steve Wilson in the Ferriby goal.

Ferriby's first chance of the second half saw Sutcliffe grab the ball off Bradshaw's toes following a goalmouth scramble. Harsley's 20 yard free-kick was saved low inside his post by the diving Sutcliffe whilst a Brooksby cross evaded everybody as it crossed the six-yard box.

In between all this, Wilson made an instinctive save from a point blank Mark Wilson header; an important save but the only significant one he had to make all afternoon.

Ferriby finished strongly with Bradshaw angling a shot wide after a full-length cross-field move. Chris White shot narrowly over following a corner and Sutcliffe, once again saved his side by taking the ball off Alex Davidson's feet.

Allison commented, " We dominated the game and had enough chances to win. On another day we probably would have done. I am pleased with getting our first clean sheet of the season."

Teams: Ossett Town: Liam Sutcliffe, Kelvin Bleau (Darren Thornton), Caldon Henson, Mark Hotte, Ryain Laight, David Cyrus, Matthew Young, Mark Wilson (David Boardman), Dan Sheriffe, Mark Bett, Steve Smith. Subs: Craig Harding, Marc Thompson, Neil Bennett

NFU: Steve Wilson, Tom Matthews, Ben Turner, Sam Denton, Paul Foot, Paul Harsley, Wayne Brooksby (Alex Davidson, 76), Chris Bolder, Russell Fry, Gary Bradshaw, Chris White. Subs: Peter Davidson, Kevin Larvin, Paul Ellender, Ben Hallam

Attendance: 127