NFU 6 Ashton United 3 (Evo Prem)
 North Ferriby United 6-3 Ashton United

North Ferriby United's seven-game losing run in the league came to an end in style as the Villagers gave Billy Heath his first victory since taking charge last week in a nine-goal thriller at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium.

Ferriby's renewed confidence and attacking fluency was in evidence from the first whistle and just four minutes had passed before a flowing attacking move culminated in new recruit Danny Clarke pulling the ball back on the by-line for Gary Bradshaw to fire them in front with a first-time drive. Clarke could have grabbed himself a debut goal soon afterwards when he disposed Ashton goalkeeper Terry Smith on the edge of the box, only a last-ditch clearance saving Smith's blushes. After Smith had foiled Wayne Brooksby at close quarters, Jonathon Bathurst drew Ashton level against the run of play on 28 minutes, an impressive solo run saw him beat two defenders and slot beyond Steve Wilson into the bottom corner. Having spent most of the half on the back foot, Ashton snatched the lead ten minutes from the break. Dawson's cross was hooked back across goal by Matty Kosylo to leave Bathurst with an easy close-range finish. But a resilient Ferriby pegged them back almost instantly, Smith blocking an initial effort from the returning Alex Davidson only for Bradshaw to tuck away the rebound to make it 2-2.

Ashton presented their hosts with a gilt-edged chance to restore their lead early in the second period; Melling brought down Alex Davidson but Smith pushed away Bradshaw's penalty. However, less than ten minutes later the referee was pointing to the spot again when Melling felled Brooksby, and this time Paul Harsley stepped up and made no mistake. Some strong running from Brooksby then picked out Alex Davidson, who cut inside and smashed into the bottom corner, and minutes later Brooksby picked out Bradshaw, who played in Davidson to slot smartly past Smith for his second a Ferriby's fifth with 20 minutes still to play. This gave Ashton chance to grab a consolation when sub Sam Madeley lobbed Wilson from Alex Frost's long ball, but Bradshaw re-established Ferriby's three-goal cushion a minute from time when he won the ball from Smith on the edge of the box, and slid it beyond the helpless keeper. Ferriby hope to build on this impressive performance when they host struggling Mickleover Sports on Saturday.

Man of the Match: Gary Bradshaw (North Ferriby)

Attendance: 165

Ferriby: Steve Wilson, Greg Wright, Kevin Larvin (James Williams, 76), Paul Harsley, Paul Foot (c) (Sam Denton, 62), Nathan Peat, Wayne Brooksby, Peter Davidson, Danny Clarke (Russell Fry, 38), Alex Davidson Subs not used: Luke Thompson, Rob Moy

Ashton: Terry Smith, Alex Frost, Dave Roberts, Kyle Harrop, George Melling (c), Chris Rimmer (Nick Swirad, 66), Matty Kosylo (Sam Madeley, 66), Ian Bennett, Jonathon Bathurst, Peter Wright (Chris Amadi, 66), Liam Dawson Subs not used: Danny Lambert, Ben Smith