NFU 1 Nantwich Town 2 (Evo Prem)

North Ferriby United 1-2 Nantwich Town
by Graham Riley
North Ferriby suffered their first defeat under John Anderson as two goals in two minutes helped Nantwich run out 2-1 winners at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium.  After a first half high on emotion but short on goalmouth action, the visitors' quickfire double brought the second half to life, with Ferriby laying siege to the Nantwich goal but ultimately coming away with only Chris Bolder's 90th minute strike to show for their efforts.

A fraught first half yielded few clear chances for either side.  Nantwich were first to threaten goal after just 5 minutes when Ferriby keeper Ben Hallam had to get down low to save Glynn Blackhurst's header from Jake Sedgemore's corner.  Sedgemore himself had a great chance to open the scoring when MichaeL Carr's ball across found him at the near post, but Hallam saved from point blank range.  Dave Whittaker also headed narrowly over for the away side, while Ferriby's best chances were from Peter Davidson, whose audacious 40 yard lob was just over, and Paul Harsley, whose curling shot was smartly saved by the dive of Ben Chapman. 
After Hallam caught Sedgemore's free kick just after half time, the face of the game changed completely in the space of 120 seconds.  On 56 minutes a Sedgemore corner deflected out to Kyle Blake, whose shot from the edge of the area took at least one deflection before finding its way past Hallam, then just a minute later, Blackhurst's ball across the box found Michael Lennon, who beat his man and doubled the Dabbers' advantage with a curling shot into the bottom corner.  This shocked Ferriby into life, and the home side threatened the Nantwich goal almost constantly for the remainder of the half.  Chris Flynn had to clear off the line when Ben Turner got on the end of Gary Bradshaw's ball across goal, and Chapman gathered at close quarters from Alex Davidson when the striker ran at goal after collecting a loose ball.  Chapman also kept out Chris Bolder's header and Paul Harsley's half volley, before finally being beaten in the final minute when Bolder rose highest to head Harsley's free kick into the top corner.  Tom Matthews nearly levelled the scores in style in added time, but his dipping 40-yard effort was just wide.
Man of the Match: Jake Sedgemore (Nantwich)
Attendance: 255

 Ferriby: Ben Hallam, Tom Matthews, Kevin Larvin, Sam Denton, Ben Turner, Paul Harsley, Ben Morley (Gary Bradshaw, 58), Chris Bolder (c), Alex Davidson, Russell Fry, Peter Davidson (Chris White, 58)  Subs not used: Paul Foot, Steve Burton, Steve Wilson

 Nantwich: Ben Chapman, Ashley Carter, Rodney Jack, Chris Flynn, Charlie Reeves, Jake Sedgemore (c), Michael Carr (Sam Aspinall, 90), Glynn Blackhurst, Dave Whittaker, Michael Lennon, Kyle Blake  Subs not used: Nathan Southern, Darren Tinson, Nathan Cotterall, Kevin Street