FC United 6 North Ferriby United 3

FC United of Manchester 6  North Ferriby United  3

Ferriby conceded 6 goals in a league match for the first time since April 2001. The Villagers were left to rue conceding two own goals and a penalty  in a game in which the score did not reflect the balance of play.

The opening 20 minutes were fairly even. Deegan went close twice for FC United. In reply home keeper James Spencer turned a Wayne Brooksby shot away at full stretch and Phil Jacman, making his Ferriby debut had shot cleared off the line.

The opening goal came in the 22nd . good play on the right between Gary Bradshaw, Russell Fry and Wayne Brooksby left Bradshaw on the corner of the penalty area. The striker curled the ball with the outside of his foot over Spencer and it went in at the far post.

The lead lasted four minutes. Ben White turned a Carlos Roca shot round the post. From the corner Lee Neville headed on to Matthew wolfenden who headed past White.

The game continued fairly evenly to half-time. FC United probably had more possession, partly due to the number of times Ferriby gave the ball away when in seemingly good positions.

FC United came out strongly at the start of the second-half. A Nicky Platt cross evaded everybody in the six yard box and was scrambled clear,

FC took the lead in the 47th minute when Nathan Peat headed a Richard Battersby into his own goal.

Ferriby equalised in the 53rd minute. Wayne Brooksby's cross was headed home at the far post by Chris Bolder.

FC retook the lead three minutes later. White spilled a low cross and Deegan was on hand to score from close range. The home side continued to press with wolfenden shooting wide and deegan bringing a diving save from White.

In the 75th minute Bradshaw won the ball on the right touchline. He played Russell Fry down the line and his cross was headed home by Brooksby.

With both teams pressing it was no surprise that another goal came. Unfortunately for Ferriby it was another own goal with Mark Greaves turning Carlos Roca's low cross past White.

Four minutes from the end Greaves brought down Jake Cottrell in the area and Roca scored from the spot.

The Villagers' misery was completed in the 89th minute when substitute Steve Torpey chipped White to complete the scoring.

Ferriby played some positive and attractive football and the score was harsh on them

Man of the Match: Ben Deegan (FCUM)

Attendance: 1532

Ferriby: Ben White, Ben Morley Nathan Peat, Mark Greaves, Paul Foot (c), Paul Harsley, Russell Fry, Chris Bolder, Phil Jackman (Kevin Larvin 80), Gary Bradshaw, Wayne Brooksby Subs not used: John Leonard, James Williams, Rob Moy, Mathew Stirland

FC United of Manchester: James Spencer, Richard Battersby, Lee Neville, Jake Cottrell(Daniel Grimshaw 90+1), Adam Jones, Dean Stott, Carlos Roca(Adam Edwards 90+5), Nicky Platt, Ben Deegan, Matthew Wolfenden(Steve Torpey 82), Michael Carr Subs not used: David Chadwick, James Holden