Colwyn Bay v NFU Play off

Reporter:Charlie Mullan. This report is publshed due the courtesy of The Hull Dail Mail

FOR the second season running North Ferriby's promotion hopes were ended in the first round of the play-offs following their 2-0 defeat at Colwyn Bay.
Ferriby can be proud of their efforts not just in this game, a game that saw them create the better chances, but throughout the season.

Ferriby manager John Anderson wanted his side to score first but it was the home side who opened the scoring. Rob Hobley volleyed past Adam Nicklin from the edge of the box with a strike sweet enough to have beaten first choice keeper Steve Wilson had he been available.

Ferriby took the game to Colwyn Bay and spent the next half hour testing the home keeper Chris Sanna with a string of good shots.
Gary Bradshaw almost found his way through to goal following hesitation from Joe McMahon from a long clearance by Nicklin.

Wayne Brooksby fired just over after cutting in from the right hand side before the lively Alex Davidson forced another save from Sanna, who was by far the busiest keeper. Bradshaw had another goal-bound effort deflected for a corner from which Paul Foot headed wide. Fry's first time shot brought another save from Sanna before Colwyn Bay doubled their advantage against the run of play.
James McArthur bravely followed up his own deflected effort to head past Nicklin taking a blow to head for his efforts.

The half time score was harsh on Ferriby who played the better football and created the clearer chances.

In Russell Fry and Paul Harsley they had the game's most creative players with Bradshaw running himself into the ground chasing every ball played up to him.

Ferriby found themselves in the same situation as they were a year ago against Boston United. This time though they were unable to mount a comeback but it wasn't for the want of trying. Davidson had another shot deflected for a corner. Sam Denton had a header turned past the post for yet another corner, but this wasn't to be Ferriby's night.

Colwyn Bay avenged their 2-0 defeat to Ferriby back in February to book their place in Monday's play-off final.
As for Ferriby, they can take great encouragement from their season and with a few tweaks next season, they should be back in the mix for promotion.