Bradford Park Ave v NFU (Evo Prem)

Bradford Park Avenue 1-2 North Ferriby United

North Ferriby United chairman Les Hare could not hide his delight as his side picked up their second away victory in three days by overcoming Bradford Park Avenue at the Horsfall Stadium, moving the Villagers into second spot in the league table. ‘To deliver two performances like we have done in the space of 72 hours, against strong opposition and on heavy pitches, is absolutely terrific' commented Hare, ‘it really is a testament to the fitness and winning mentality of the squad'.

Ferriby were the first to threaten an opener; just seconds into the game, Chris Bolder crashed a header against the bar from Gary Bradshaw's cross, and Rob O'Brien fired a loose ball just over the top of Steve Wilson's goal for Avenue. Ferriby's central defensive duo each made crucial interventions to stop the home side taking the lead, Paul Foot blocking from Nathan Hotte, and Sam Denton clearing Matty James' effort off the line, and the visitors were able to take the lead against the run of play on 27 minutes. Bolder released Wayne Brooksby, and the winger's low ball picked out an unmarked Russell Fry, who drilled home into the bottom corner. Brooksby then pounced on an Avenue slip to find himself one on one with home keeper John Lamb, but fired just wide. Instead, Avenue drew level on 35 minutes, when O'Brien's corner was met at the near post with a bullet header from Adam Clayton. Both goalkeepers showed sharp reactions to keep the scores one apiece at half time, Lamb producing a well-timed sliding challenge as Bradshaw advanced goalwards, and Wilson blocked and gathered from Matty Plummer after a great solo run by the full back.

The home side had the majority of the possession in the second half, but some careless passing and solid Ferriby defending meant they were unable to make the most of it. Nicky Boshell's corner prompted a goalmouth scramble, during which the Villagers' defence made several crucial interceptions, and Wilson made a smart catch from James Knowles after McStay had flicked on Boshell's cross. A pinpoint strike from Sam Denton was to decide the game on 68 minutes. A Bradshaw free kick deflected to Larvin, who found Denton on the edge of the box, and the defender was able to turn on the ball and curl beyond Lamb into the bottom corner left corner. Bradshaw could have added a spectacular third when he latched onto a Wilson goal kick and fired a lob onto the roof of the net. At the other end, Denton made a crucial intervention when his diving header denied Aiden Savory a clear sight of goal, and Wilson blocked Hotte's drive through a crowd of players.

Man of the Match: Sam Denton (Ferriby)

Attendance: 241

Ferriby: Steve Wilson, Ben Morley, Sam Denton, Paul Foot (c), Peter Davidson, Russell Fry, Chris Bolder, Kevin Larvin (Chris White, 76), Gary Bradshaw, Wayne Brooksby Subs not used: Luke Thompson, Ben Turner, James Williams, Adam Nicklin

Bradford PA: John Lamb, Matty Plummer, Henry McStay (Nathan Taylor, 72), Rob O'Brien (c), Adam Clayton, James Knowles, Martin Drury (Brice Tiani, 69), Nathan Hotte, Matty James, Tom Greaves (Aiden Savory, 69), Nicky Boshell Subs not used: Tom Claisse, Luke Gibson